East Central/Select Sires Internship Opportunities
East Central/Select Sires Career Link
Artificial Insemination (A.I.) Specialist Intern (3 positions)
As an A.I. specialist intern, you will have the opportunity to experience a career in the A.I. industry and work with the breeds’ most elite females to produce the next generation of impact bulls and females. This internship provides the opportunity to learn and provide A.I. in both large-herd commercial operations and registered elite embryo programs throughout southern Wisconsin.
Training and experience will be provided:
- Large-herd tail chalking, heat detection, and artificial breeding;
- Reproductive physiology and synchronization;
- Record analysis and reproductive-consultation services;
- Training with our automated-detection systems and health-monitoring systems;
- Select Reproductive Solutions Portfolio (SRS) offered by Select Sires;
- Select Mating Services (SMS) program and genetic training offered by Select Sires; and
- Bull-daughter picturing.
Ideal candidates for this internship should have a strong agriculture background:
- Dairy and/or beef focus;
- Outstanding people skills and be service orientated;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work on your own, as well as in a team structure; and
- A.I. experience and knowledge of on-farm software is preferred, but not mandatory.
Location: flexible, but within East Central/Select Sires’ southern-Wisconsin market area
Send your résumé and cover letter to Phillip Dieter at email@example.com by Oct. 31, 2018.
The communications intern is responsible for a variety of projects in public relations, written communications, print advertising, and social media. The appropriate applicant will also receive a broad range of experience with all East Central/Select Sires programs and services.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following. The intern is responsible for organizing our county-fair donation programs and must represent East Central/Select Sires at numerous functions throughout the summer including county fairs and producer activities. Other duties include taking photographs; developing and designing newsletters, brochures, and various types of ads; assisting with social-media programs; interviewing customers; and writing feature articles for the company newsletter.
Besides having an understanding of the dairy and/or beef industries, a successful candidate should be proficient in both written and oral communication; have experience with Microsoft Office programs; Google Suite; and InDesign and/or Photoshop. Video-editing experience is a plus. Additional training will be provided.
This internship is based in the Waupun, Wis., office.
Send your résumé and cover letter to Dori Lichty at firstname.lastname@example.org by Oct. 31, 2018.<