Select Sires Inc. Employment Opportunities
Select Sires is a dynamic global organization that is committed to developing and delivering innovative genetic solutions. We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success.
At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best, the brightest and the most aggressive professionals. At Select Sires, you will be part of the solution to make a difference to address the world’s growing food requirements with environmentally sustainable solutions.
Employment Opportunity – Human Resources & Safety Specialist
Select Sires, Inc. seeks an efficient Human Resources & Safety Specialist for the Plain City, Ohio facility to provide specialized administrative human resources support. Position will facilitate functions such as occupational safety/workers comp, employee health and safety, payroll, benefits, leave, training, policies, recruiting, and day to day functions of the HR Department. This role involves performing tasks with a focus to grow Select Sires’ talent pipeline and provide strategic and hands on HR support.
Essential Duties and Accountabilities:
- Risk Management: Identify, report, and provide solutions for occupational safety programs and issues, and ensure regulatory compliance
- Lead and mentor safety committee
- Oversee safety manual, safety data sheets, OSHA 300 log, and other related programs
- Conduct and/or provide required safety training
- Workforce Planning and Employment: Develop recruiting plan with managers. Schedule, coordinate and conduct interviews, complete new hire paperwork, to include initial drug screenings and background checks
- Assist supervisors to analyze job duties, write job descriptions, and evaluate job performance
- Partner with department managers and supervisors to conduct department-specific training
- HR Development: Coordinate and schedule orientation, onboarding, and training sessions
- Provide day to day support for employee relations issues, performance behavior, policies & procedures
- Administer health and welfare plans, conduct benefits meetings, resolve concerns
- Administrative: Research, compile, and provide routine and other HR reports (i.e. overtime, vacation reports, personal auto use, success sharing, workers comp, EEOC, etc.)
- Assist with accurate payroll processing and reporting
- Prepare correspondence, reports, documents, and presentations. Data entry, maintenance, and report writing
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven relevant HR/administrative experience
- Knowledge of HR processes and best practices
- Working knowledge in the areas of Workers Compensation, OSHA, and governmental requirements
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. HR systems (Paycor), a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills; work well under pressure and manage simultaneous tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work without close supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and comfortable presenting information
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information and maintain the highest legal and ethical standards
- Willing and able to work outdoors, indoors, barn areas, around bulls, and in hot, cold, wet, and/or dry conditions
- Willing and able to access and audit elevated spaces, confined spaces, machinery safety, barn safety, lab safety, office safety, PPE, lock-out/tag-out, etc.
- Ability to work overtime and/or travel, as needed
- Passion for the agirculture industry
Work schedule is Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm and will be subject to change to meet departmental needs. Occasional overtime and/or travel may be required. Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package.
We believe that people truly are the cornerstone of our success. At Select Sires, we demand the best of ourselves, our company and are truly passionate for what we do for our customers. To attain this goal, we want to surround ourselves with the best and brightest professionals and empower them to make a difference.
Please submit resume with salary requirement to email@example.com by Friday, April 19, 2019.
Ohio Livestock Technician
Select Sires, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Livestock Technician. This position is located at our facility in Plain City, Ohio. Candidate must be self- directed, detail- oriented, and organized.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Bull handling for semen collection
- Stall cleaning, feeding, any and all related barn chores
- Other tasks as assigned
Work schedules and duties vary per facility for non-exempt positions. Holiday and weekend work on a rotating schedule may be required. Other overtime opportunities may be required as needed. Work schedules and duties are subject to change to meet departmental needs. Select Sires offers a comprehensive benefits package: Paid Time Off, 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Contribution, Medical/ Dental/ Vision Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Employer-Paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance, and Tuition Reimbursement. Free milk and coffee throughout the work week.
Internal candidates can complete a job application available at the Receptionist Desk, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Qualified candidates (internal and external) must submit resume with salary requirements and employment history to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an hourly, nonexempt position and will report to the Ohio facility Barn Supervisor. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
Beef Sales Representatives
Want to join a fun, hardworking, progressive group of people that are team-oriented and focused on customer success? Select Sires is seeking independent Beef Sales Representatives (BSR).
We are looking for highly motivated, sales professionals interested in developing a business that provides leading genetic and reproductive services to beef producers in their local area. Expect unmatched field support, industry leading training, access to the highest fertility semen and most complete beef sire line-up in the industry, all backed by a team of people dedicated to helping you grow your business.
A successful Beef Sales Representative may have a 2 to 4 year degree in an agricultural related field or equivalent experience, sales experience, strong community and industry relationships, and a passion for beef genetics, reproduction, and customer success.
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. All applicants will be given full consideration but are not guaranteed an interview.
If you are passionate about beef genetics, reproduction and customer success and are looking to develop your own business, contact us at:
Select Sires Beef Department
Select Sires, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Background checks and a pre-employment drug screening are mandatory. All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.