Prairie State/Select Sires is seeking a Laboratory Technician for its production facility based in Hampshire, Illinois.
Assist in the execution of all laboratory functions including but not limited to: evaluating, processing, freezing and moving high quality semen from the lab to Select Sires, Inc. The work schedule is 6am-4:30pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and may be subject to change depending on department needs. Occasional overtime may also be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Evaluate motility and concentration of semen and enter data in computer processing program
- Verify calculations
- Pipette and extend semen
- Prepare extenders, solutions, and antibiotics
- Print packages using jet print system
- Fill, seal, rack, freeze, and store straws
- Set-up, clean, and restock laboratory
- Sanitize glassware and equipment
- Operates any equipment needed to perform job
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations
- Maintains personal health and sanitation standards
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- No supervisory duties with this position.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or GED required
- Associate Degree or higher in related field is preferred
- Proficient in basic laboratory procedures – microscopy, pipetting, and dilution
- Able to work meticulously with detail and high emphasis on quality
- Ability to prioritize tasks while working independently and under time constraints
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Computer proficiency for data entry, word processing, email, etc.
- Fundamental understanding of AI industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position.
Please send your resume to Amanda Parrish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
All applicants will be given full consideration, but are not guaranteed an interview.